Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rainy Day! by Patricia Lakin

This is an enjoyable book about friends enjoying a rainy day together. I liked this book because the characters names rhyme (Sam, Pam, Will, and Jill) and young kids can definitely follow characters in a book when they rhyme, and it follows Sam, Pam, Will, and Jill through their rainy day adventures. They end up at a mini-golf park where they meet a dog who wants to play baseball-all while it’s still raining! When they finally decide to get out of the rain, they go to the library where they cozy up with some good books and dry off. I liked this book because it reminded me of my childhood when I would play out in the rain, and how much more fun it seemed because of the rain. This author also wrote about these same characters in Snow Day! and Beach Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment