Monday, March 29, 2010

Midterm Reflection Statement

This class has been a refreshing "escape" from the typical education classes that are required. It is so fun to read children's books and to reflect on them. Not only is it fun to relive a little bit of childhood..it's necessary to read children's books because we are going to have to be knowledgeable about them for our classroom in the near future! It is overwhelming to think about how many literary resources are out there for the classroom, though. I also am confident in the fact that as technology changes, we have to change with it in order to stay relevant in education and with our students. I like that we have blogs incorporated into our assignments and how unexpectedly we get to discover what glogs are and learn how to use them and how they can be an alternative way to presenting information. I'm excited (and a little nervous) to use them in my future classroom! I also have been enjoying our class discussions about the books and the topics they deal with, even if there is no obvious conclusion. This class is teaching me how to analyze children's books with a critical, yet open minded view.

No comments:

Post a Comment