Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo

The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
I thought this novel for kids really pulled the reader in with the characters and mysterious plot. When the characters were introduced, I wondered how they were all going to come together at the end. They were introduced somewhat separately with their own individual personalities and stories. I loved how everything tied together and made sense at the end. I found myself not wanting to put the book down because I wanted to find out how the elephant was going to lead Peter to his long lost sister! I really thought this book was enchanting with its storyline and would definitely capture the reader's attention with unusual elements such as a elephant appearing out of nowhere. This chapter book would make a good, continuous read aloud for a class and even included some haunting illustrations throughout the book and there is even an individual website for this book that includes discussion guides and activities for the classroom that relate to this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment