Friday, February 12, 2010

Bob's Best Ever Friend by Simon Bartram


Bob's Best Ever Friend by Simon Bartram
I was first drawn to this book by the bright cover and illustrations. I would say it has a unique and quirky plot to it. It's basically about Bob (the only man on the moon) who sets out to find a best friend in his life. I liked how the author incorporated real life aspects with Bob, such as eating dinner in front of the television and going shopping. Bob is doing all of that while living on the moon, so i like the scientific aspect of the book. I also noticed that on each page that has illustrations there is a small dog and a man chasing the dog. I think it's just a fun and consistent illustration to see if it gets noticed by the reader. It's also an added bonus that the book jacket has a glow in the dark poster on the other side, so all in all a colorful and enjoyable book!

No comments:

Post a Comment