Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cranberry Valentine by Wende and Harry Devlin

Cranberry Valentine by Wende and Harry Devlin
In the spirit of Valentine's Day coming up I thought it would be fun to read a Valentine's story! =) This was an enjoyable story about Mr. Whiskers who starts to receive mysterious valentines. It was a surprise to him in the end who was sending the valentines all along. I thought this story was interesting with the simple character development of Mr. Whiskers. At first he thinks the whole idea of getting a valentine revolting, but then as he is receiving them he starts to think very highly of himself. He is then encouraged to be a gentleman and give a box of chocolates to the sender. Although I think this book is a bit outdated for kids nowadays (because I'm thinking that many kids send valentines in the mail anymore), I do think it's a sweet story for a fun read aloud time in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment