Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You Read to Me, I'll Read to You by Mary Ann Hoberman-Poetry

Read to Me, I'll Read to You by Mary Ann Hoberman
I really enjoyed reading this book! I think it would have been more fun if I was reading it with a child though. This is a book about reading and it works really well when you read it with a partner. It is written in such a way that one person reads one line, and then the other reader takes his turn reading the “response” part. It can totally be read independently, but I think kids would love the “back and forth” aspect of the book. It has a lot of rhyming words and the illustrations are very fun to look at. There are cats reading books about mice, raccoons reading a newspaper, and big scary dogs sitting with cats and reading book. I also like how each part of the poem/story is printed in different colors. One person could say they are reading the purple part and the other reader could say they are reading the red part and when they come to the blue parts, they can read them at the same time. I think this would be a great book to have and encourages reading together as a social experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment