Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Penguin Dreams

Penguin Dreams by J. Otto Seibold and V.L. Walsh
"They fly in the water."~Theadora Walsh
This book is basically about a penguin named Chongo Chingi and what what he is able to do in his dreams. (Pretty self-explanatory,huh?) Well, I totally disregarded the whole "in his dreams" aspect of the book when I read it. Chongo dreams of flying high in the sky, and when it started talking about him flying in the air I thought to myself...wait, penguins can't fly! I had to remind myself that I need to be looking and reading this book from an imaginative and creative state of mind-a state of mind that a young student could appreciate. So I re-read the book and found myself enjoying how Chongo was doing the opposite of what he was expected to do-places he doesn't normally go, animals he doesn't normally see and so forth. I would describe this book as being whimsical and slightly random; which somewhat makes sense since it's about dreams. I really enjoyed the visual appeal with the pictures and illustrations-very colorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment