Monday, January 25, 2010

Ballerina! by Peter Sis

Ballerina! by Peter Sis
"In my view, life without dance would be quite unthinkable. In this book, Peter Sis confirms it." - Mikhail Baryshnikov
This is a quote that is on the back of this book, and I believe it applies to this book quite appropriately. Even though this book is written for a very young audience, I found myself becoming enchanted with the costumes of a ballerina and the beautiful gracefulness that is so attractive. The illustrations in this book are presented very simply, but for me they left lingering memories of when I was in dance class as a young girl. This book basically follows a young girl who can't wait to dance and tries on all these different ballet costumes that are different colors and dreams of dancing in a professional ballet when she puts on the costumes. The book also shows the dynamic color differences of when the little girl puts on the costumes and then when she dreams of being the professional dancer. What I liked the best was at the end when the author showcased all the different ballet costumes with all the different colors. Easy and fun to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment