Sunday, January 31, 2010




Campfire Mallory by Laurie Friedman
"Camp Blue Lake Words of Wisdom: Don’t count the days, make the days count… "
This book is one of many in the “Mallory” series. This particular book is about the end of third grade for Mallory McDonald and her highly anticipated time at sleepaway camp during the summer. It is about all the anxieties and excitement that come along with being away from home for 2 weeks. I found this book particularly enjoyable because it caused me to reminisce about my time at camp in the summer. I found myself relating to the character of Mallory because I felt some of those same feelings-scared to be away from home, if I would make friends with any of the other campers, if I would like any of the camping activities etc. In this book it shows the letters that Mallory writes to her parents and it made me remember how alone I felt at camp at first and how I wrote home to my parents. Then by the end of my time at camp I hardly wrote home and didn’t want to leave the friends I had met! I believe Campfire Mallory will relate to a lot of readers because it deals with so many feelings and thoughts that are related to nine year olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment